Business and Social Vision
TCIL is a Government of India enterprise under Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. TCIL as a Project Organization for execution of Turn Key projects in the field of Telecommunication and Information Technology envisions to excel in providing solutions in Information and Communication Technology, Power and Infrastructure sectors globally by anticipating opportunities in technology for development of state of art, reliable, sustainable Telecom and IT infrastructure and integrating the society under a unified information and communication umbrella for its social, economic and business development which is vision of the Digital India. Besides, TCIL is conscious of development of the skills, values and working conditions so as to improve its contribution in business development.
TCIL has adopted strategies to develop initatives in the following focus area in line with the Govt. initatives
1. Make in India
2. Digital India
3. Skill Building
4. Swachh Bharat
1. Make In India
TCIL, as a turnkey project execution and consultancy organization in Telecom and IT visualizes development of solutions for its clients in various sectors of economy covering Telecom, IT, Transport, Health, education, Oil and gas, MSME by anticipating the specifc needs of the customer and develop solutions by adopting its Project management approach and engaging its clients, vendors in a collaborative manner to meet the requirements and targets.
With domain experience of over 36 years with versatile transition with change in telecom and IT technologies, TCIL engages continuously in vendors development for its projects of diverse nature for their successful delivery
As a part of India specific standards development and export promotion of India telecom products and services, TCIL represents on the Telecom Bodies such as Telecom Standards Development Society of India (TSDSI) and Telecom Equipment and Services Export promotion Council (TEPC) TCIL supports the vision of the National Policy on Electronics to produce globally competitive electronic design and manufacturing for both indigenous and global market.
TCIL has invested in Tamilnadu Telecom Ltd (TTL) in partnership with Govt. of Tamilnadu (TIDCO) and Fujikura Japan for manufacture of Optical Fibre Cable in India.
2. Digital India
TCIL with its vast experience in Telecom and IT domain and having project Management organization is well positioned for undertaking Telecom and IT Projects for all sectors of economy such as Telecom, IT, Transport, Health, education, Oil and gas, MSME etc.
TCIL with its requisite experience can participate in Digital India Program by providing its services for implementing
- Turnkey Projects, Consultancy,
- Feasibility studies,
- Quality Assurance,
- Lender Engineering,
- Third Party Audit,
- Project Management,
- Capacity Building,
- O&M in domain of telecom and IT covering
- Wired Line Projects - Optical Fibre Network; FTH, OPGW, Submarine cable,
- Wireless Projects - Mobile communication, Tetra, 3G,4G,EMF Audits.
- Information Technology projects - Broadband Networks, Data Centres, e- networks, Tele-education, Tele-medicine, e-governance, Security and Surveillance, Disaster Management, IPV6.
- Managed services - Co-location Services, e-procurement, video conferencing, Authentication service
- Civil and Architecture projects - Cyber parks, Construction of Buildings and Roads.
- New initiatives cover Solar Power, e-waste Management, Power Line Projects, Corporate Social Responsibility.
TCIL is presently executing projects of National importance and synergizing Digital India program. The major projects include
- Network for Spectrum OFC Project of Defense (Army) for BSNL for laying approx. 10000 Km of OFC,
- OFC Project of Navy for BSNL for laying approx. 3000 Km of OFC,
- Postal Department Rural Hardware project for Extending Digital connectivity in entire country by supply of Handheld devices and associated solar infrastructure in more than 1,29,000 extra departmental Offices of Department of Post,
- Providing IT infrastructure in more than 320 schools of UP, Odisha and Delhi for IT education,
- e-governance projects such as Police Dial 100 system in Kanpur, Ghaziabad and Allahabad,
- Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems in states of Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Meghalaya. Besides above, TCIL has been very active in Tele-education and Tele-medicine projects for taking education and health services in rural areas. TCIL has implemented Pan African e-Network project of providing tele-education and tele-medicine from Indian Universities and Hospitals in entire Africa which is a successful example and model for Digital India.
3. Skill Building
Skill Development and Skill building as part of Nation building and Digital India mission has a multi-pronged requirements which includes not only the skill development in IT and Telecom, but as well it requires the development of skills in all sectors of economy which includes education, health, MSME, oils, gas, transport etc.
TCIL has implemented solution of ICT infrastructure tele-education and tele-medicine which can provide the best of quality education, training and health services with limited expert resources in the nook and corner of rural India. TCIL has implemented Pan African e-Network project of providing tele-education and tele-medicine from Indian Universities and Hospitals in 48 counties of African continent which is a successful example and model for Digital India for skill development. The network has been successfully adopted for SAARC countries also for tele-medicine and tele-education from Indian institutions and Virtual University Project of University of Madras.
TCIL has given similar proposals for development of Tele-education and Tele-medicine Networks in India to Ministry of telecommunications and Ministry of health and Family Welfare.
These Networks shall act as common infrastructure for overall requirements of skill development.
TCIL as part of its business operations has signed MoUs with ALTTC and NIELIT for enabling telecom and IT skill development.
4. Swachh Bharat
Swachh Bharat Program envisages overall cleanliness and management of the environment including water air, office, public and private premises, waste covering e-waste as well.
TCIL has developed a Telecom and IT based solutions for the monitoring and management of River water within the framework of Swachh Bharat Program which can provide an effective and efficient control for maintain a clean environment.
TCIL has also taken e-waste management as a business line for collection and disposal of e-waste by collaborating with Government and Public sector organizations.
TCIL as part of its CSR and sustainable projects has undertaken projects for Building Girl Toilets in schools near its projects, Office environment cleanliness by regularly reviewing the records and electronic items and weed out Useless records and electronics.
TCIL has also been reviewing its power requirements and has replaced its lighting system with LED lights. Solar panels has been set up keeping its parking areas solar powered.
TCIL has also set up water harvesting infrastructure for water management. TCIL has a Civil and Architecture division which can take forward the Swachh Bharat initiatives of carrying out Project Management for creating Green and environment friendly buildings and infrastructure.
TCIL under its CSR and sustainable development programs, initiatives and Government guidelines and instructions are continuously creating awareness and sensitization of its employees. TCIL holds lectures by its management, external resources and competitions of paper writing, debates, presentations and give awards for creating a progress approach for taking forward the Make in India, Digital India, Skill Development and Swachh Bharat Missions.
Details of the contribution/expenditure incurred/planned
TCIL is spending its CSR budget on these initiatives. The spending during 2014-15 has been Rs. 29 Lacs which is 2% of the average PAT of last 3 years. TCIL being a project organization, its initiatives are inclusive in its business and project development as well.