ABOUT TCIL, MAURITIUS
Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd. (TCIL), a Government of India enterprise under the Ministry of Communications, was set up in India in 1978 to undertake consultancy & turnkey projects in the field of Telecommunications & IT. TCIL has more than four decades of international experience in the fields of telecommunications and information technology & also continuously deploying new technologies in the fields of Telecom Software, Switching & Transmission Systems, Cellular Services, Rural Telecommunications, Optical Fiber based Backbone Transmission Systems and executing projects in latest technologies like FTTH, VOIP, IPTV, 4G/5G, Radio Communication, Data Centre & Security services etc. TCIL has also diversified its operation into other fields i.e. Power Transmission, Green & Smart Solutions, Smart City, e-Governance, Roads, Civil Construction including solar installations, and setting up of EV charging stations etc. It has to its credit execution of many solar power projects in a grid connected 1MW rooftop solar plant synchronized with DG sets and mounted on 37 meters high pergola. Recently, TCIL has put into operation many solar integrated EV charging stations at different locations in Delhi.
TCIL is having presence in Mauritius for more than three decades. The first project in Mauritius was an OSP Network Project of MUR 162 Mn of Mauritius Telecom. Another big OSP network project valuing MUR 396 Mn. of Mauritius Telecom was successfully completed in 2002.
Since commencement of its Mauritius operations, many prestigious projects have been successfully completed by TCIL in Mauritius. Telecom Network Expansion and Maintenance contracts are also being regularly awarded by Mauritius Telecom, which speaks of client’s confidence in TCIL’s abilities and competitiveness.
Prestigious Projects completed in Mauritius
• State-of-art Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) telecommunication project for Mauritius Telecom with optical fibre cables and SDH equipment in a failsafe ring configuration.
• Expert Consultancy services to Mauritius Telecom for the Implementation of Network Planning Software from International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Geneva..
• Supply, installation & commissioning of LANs in different buildings for intranet system for Government of Mauritius, diversifying into the field of information technology. Administration Block of the Office of the President, Supreme Court Building, SSR International Airport, the National Coast Guard, Police Department, Archives Department and Ministry of Agriculture office were covered. .
• A state-of-the art Communication Cabling Infrastructure Project for the Ebene Cyber City. It comprised of the Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of all Communication Cabling Infrastructure for Voice and Data Communication in the Cyber City and Cyber Tower with a project cost of US$ 860,000 approx. inclusive of training. Implementation included the Hybrid Cabling of both Copper and Optical Fibre (single mode and multi- mode) to cater to the Fibre to the Business (FTTB) concept, and associated network elements such as MDF, ODF, Racks for Telecom closets, Optical Patch Panels, Street Panels, Copper Distribution Panels etc..
• Consultancy Services for the preparation of an Information Plan for a “Crime Occurrence Tracking System (COTS)” for Mauritius Police Force in 2005.
• Govt. of India funded revolutionary PAN African e-Network Project, the brainchild of former President of India, Bharat Ratna awardee Hon’ble late Dr. A.P.J. Kalam, which provided Tele-education, Tele- medicine and VVIP connectivity via satellite, sub-marine Optical Fiber Network to all 53 member Countries of African Union. In Mauritius, e-Network Equipment are installed in Open University of Mauritius for Tele-education and in Cardiac Centre, SSR National Hospital, Pamplemousses for Tele-medicine...
• Project valuing MUR 6.5 Mn for shifting of Telecom Services falling along Metro rail in Mauritius. The project was awarded by L&T in May 2018.
Besides above, cabling works (CAT6 and Fibre) of MUR 11.24 Mn in Ephelia Resort, Seychelles were also executed by TCIL, Mauritius during 2010.
As a goodwill gesture, TCIL has always stood by Mauritius Telecom during various cyclones by putting its best in prompt restoring of services disrupted by the cyclones, winning high praise from the Mauritius Government and earning a sobriquet of “friend indeed”.
Currently, major works under execution for its esteemed client - Mauritius Telecom are various Multi Order Contracts i.e. Emergency Repair of single mode optical fiber network at short notice, Maintenance of access network, FTTH misc. subscriber works and New fibre connections for enterprise and residential customers.
Success story of TCIL lies in its quality management and excellence in project execution across India and globally. Utilizing its strength, expertise & multi-disciplinary competencies in various emerging fields in India & abroad, TCIL, Mauritius is now poised to diversify into IT, Solar and Green & Smart Solutions in Mauritius.