TCIL has been serving the Sultanate of Oman since the year 1986. Since then, it has played a pivotal role in developing the telecom infrastructure of the nation by serving Omantel, Oman Broadband Company (OBB) etc.
Major Project Executed by TCIL in Oman
Framework Agreement for FTTH Network Construction (Major Project), T-003I-2018, signed in October 2018 by TCIL with M/s Oman Broadband Company (OBB), a 100% owned by Sultanate of Oman for “FTTH Network Construction with all Civil and Telecom Works” for three years duration. A total of 8 work packages were awarded to TCIL in phased manner with an approximate contract value of OMR 3.0 million within three years timeframe.
Details of the major work packages awarded:
Upon signing of frame agreement for construction of FTTH network (T-003-2018) with OBB in October 2018, TCIL bagged eight work packages during 2019-20, 2020-21 & 2021-22) for a cumulative value of INR 57.57 crore. The major activities carried out are given as under:
1. Construction of duct system for laying OF Cables for Oman Broadband
2. Supply & installation of duct system chambers/manhole/handholes
3. Construction of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) for major road crossings for Duct Systems
4. Installation of Street FDH (Fiber Distribution Hub) for FTTH Network
5. Pulling of Optical Fiber Cables in existing & new laid Duct systems
6. Supply & fixing of Splice Closure after splicing fibers in the NAPs/Branch joints (BJs)
7. Splicing/Termination/Testing of Fibers and Handing over of FTTH Network
8. Laying of Pipes to individual House for House Connection for said created FTTH Network